There are a lot of misconceptions about how and whether or not high blood sugar can be controlled naturally. What is not in dispute, is that high blood sugar levels – between 5.6mmol/ to 6.9mmol/ – requires further examination by a physician and a treatment plan to reduce the chances of getting diabetes. It is also true that for people who have diabetes reducing blood sugar is an absolute necessity. Check out these 5 easy ways you can lower your blood sugar naturally.
- Monitor blood sugar levels closely: High blood sugar levels do not always cause symptoms to appear until they reach 200mg/dl. It is therefore especially important for people with diabetes to monitor their blood sugar levels frequently. Doing this can prevent one’s blood sugar levels from getting too high. A physician can best recommend how often a person with diabetes should check his or her levels.
- Reduce carbohydrate intake: Some studies have shown that eating a low-carbohydrate, high-protein diet can help reduce blood sugar levels. Eating too many carbohydrates can cause blood sugar levels to spike, particularly in people with diabetes. Some foods that are considered helpful in lowering or controlling blood sugar levels include sweet potatoes, quinoa, leafy greens, fish and low-fat milk.
· Maintain a healthy weight: Maintaining a healthy weight helps to lower the risk of a developing a great many diseases and conditions including diabetes. In fact, some studies show that reducing weight by as little as 7% can reduce the risk of developing diabetes by nearly 60%.
- Drink Chaga Tea: There are some studies which show that Chaga tea may not only lower blood sugar but that it may also in fact increase the body’s insulin levels. What is Chaga tea? Chaga tea is a kind of mushroom tea made from the Chaga fungus which is known by its scientific name as Inonotus Obliquus. Chaga itself is found on birch trees in northern regions of the Unites States. Is Chaga safe? There exists very little evidence that Chaga causes negative reactions in most people.
- Drink water and stay hydrated: Observational studies have concluded that drinking plenty of water helps people maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
Maintaining a healthy blood sugar level is achievable in a great number of ways. These range from lifestyle choices to simply following your own doctor’s advice. Drinking Chaga tea is one of the modest lifestyle changes that may help too in controlling what is becoming a growing problem in America.